Adult Faith Formation
** Many of our small groups are meeting online! Please email the contact person listed belows for each group for more information.**
Grace Church offers several opportunities for you to meet God and grow in your faith beyond the scope of the worship hour. You are welcome at any number of Sunday and weekday groups!
Sunday Groups -- Newcomers are always welcome!
- All-Church Faith Formation (Fellowship Hall): on the first Sunday, every other month, all visitors and members of Grace UMC are invited to come together in Fellowship Hall for a presentation and conversation on a wide array of relevant topics. Please contact Pastor Daniel or one of the leaders listed below for scheduling and topic information. Contct Pastor Daniel Cochran (Daniel.email@example.com) for more information.
- Coming Home (Room 226): a seasonal group meeting during the summer and over the holidays designed for college students and young adults. Our casual conversations are geared toward growing in fellowship and engaging with the intersection of life and faith. Contact Brentley Loufek (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- The Forum Class (Fireside Room): a faithful and welcoming group that enjoys a spirited study of the scriptures as well as presentations from guest speakers, often incorporating discussion and thought-provoking audio/visual material. Contact Robin Schmuckal (email@example.com) for more information.
- Hearts on Fire (Room 250): gathers each Sunday morning with a welcoming atmosphere to share in fun but challenging and meaningful discussions around faith, discipleship, marriage, parenting, etc. Contact Bob Pacanowski (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- New Connections (Gathering Space): a place for young adults and parents to connect through fellowship and formation. In addition to Sunday studies on everything from the scriptures to parenting practices, New Connections offers regular social gatherings. Conact Dr. Jeffrey Barbeau (email@example.com) for more information.
- Portico Collective (Room 231): a welcoming “come as you are” group for all-ages, Portico is a safe place to wrestle with your doubts and questions. We meet on Sundays at 9:15 for a book discussion and on Wednesday evenings during the school year at 5:00 for a casual check-in conversation. Contact Traci Weilemann, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Questors (Room 254): welcomes all adults to participate in Sunday presentations and discussions focused on the Bible and contemporary issues. Questors also offers an array of mission and fellowship opportunities. Contact Roger Hendrickson (email@example.com) for more information.
- Open Hearts and Minds — Room 232. A diverse but progressive group that explores various theological and social perspectives on the Christian message. All are invited! Contact Becky Lindsay (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Bill Lindsay (email@example.com) for more information.
- Round Table Conversations — Activity Center. An occasional gathering offered immediately following the “9:00Gathering” contemporary worship service. This is a wonderful opportunity for those who attend this service to grow in faith and fellowship through small-group discussions around various topics. Contact Lynn Leitzen (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Sisters Bible Study — 1- 2:30 p.m., Room 254. An intergenerational group of women engages in spirited discussions of books and studies focused on spiritual formation, led by Pastor Cindy Marino. Contact Pastor Cindy Marino (email@example.com) for more information.
- Progressive Christianity — 7-8 p.m., Room 254. Open discussion of various non-traditional theological ideas. Contact Linda Rings (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Portico Collective — 5-6 p.m., Room 231. All-ages, drop-in discussion group led by Chris Weilemann. A great place to wrestle with your doubts and questions. Contact Traci Weilemann (email@example.com) for more information.
- Sisters Evening Bible Study — 7-8 p.m., Fireside Room. Come experience an early Advent and Christmas with Mary. Contact Sandy Bray (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Thursday Bible Study- 9:30 -10:30 a.m., Room 254. “Disciple Fast Track” is a 12-week adaptation of the original, bestselling “Disciple Bible Study: Becoming Disciples through Bible Study.” It is created to be ideal for busy people who still want to make time to grow in their relationship with Christ. Contact Pastor Doug Bowden (email@example.com) for more information.