Adult Faith Formation
Grace Church offers several opportunities for you to meet God and grow in your faith beyond the scope of the worship hour. You are welcome at any number of Sunday and weekday groups!
We now have access to Amplify! Amplify has videos that can be used in your small groups, Bible studies and, of course, in your own personal faith journey. You can access all of these videos anytime and on almost any device. To access your Amplify account, click here and enter our Access Code:
Sunday Groups -- Newcomers are always welcome!
- New Connections (Gathering Space): a casual gathering for coffee and conversation for 30-40-somethings. The group occasionally dives into deeper study.
- The Forum Class (Room 232): a faithful and welcoming group that enjoys a spirited study of the scriptures as well as presentations from guest speakers, often incorporating discussion and thought-provoking audio/visual material. Contact Sandy Bray (email@example.com or 630-853-8347) for more information.
- Hearts on Fire (Room 250): gathers each Sunday morning with a welcoming atmosphere to share in fun but challenging and meaningful discussions around faith and discipleship. Contact Bob Pacanowski (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Portico Collective (Room 231): a welcoming “come as you are” group for all-ages, Portico is a safe place to wrestle with your doubts and questions. We meet on Sundays for a book discussion. Contact Traci Weilemann, (email@example.com) for more information.
- Questors (Room 254): welcomes all adults to participate in presentations/discussions on a variety of topics: contemporary living issues, religious history, Biblical studies, etc. Class offers mission and fellowship opportunities. Contact Bobbi Khant (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Bob Allison (email@example.com) for more information.
- Temple Builders at 9:00 a.m. (Activity Center) three times per week on Monday/Wednesday/Friday for exercise and strength training. Contact Pam Carius at 630-251-7004 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information and availability.
- Progressive Christianity at 7-8 p.m. (Room 254 and on Zoom) on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month. Open discussion of various non-traditional theological ideas. Contact Becky Lindsay (email@example.com) for more information.
- Caring Connections at 1-2 p.m. (Gathering Space) on the first and third Tuesdays of every week. Volunteers in this new ministry meet to write cards, notes, make phone calls, and reach out to those in need of a little extra care and connection to our Grace family. Donations toward postage are appreciated here. Contact Missy Hoekstra-Hecht at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-355-1748, ext. 3223, to volunteer or for further information.
- Portico Collective at 5-6 p.m. (Room 231). All-ages, drop-in discussion group led by Chris Weilemann. A great place to wrestle with your doubts and questions. Contact Traci Weilemann (email@example.com) for more information.
- Thursday Morning Bible Study at 9:30 -10:30 a.m., (Room 254 and on Zoom). Contact Pastor Doug Bowden (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Thursday Evening Bible Study at 7-8 p.m., on Zoom. Contact Sandy Bray (email@example.com) for more information.
Grace Community Builders
Grace Community Builders (GCB) help build a stronger sense of community within our church. This powerful idea is based on getting to know other members of our church better and to have an enjoyable time while you are doing it. Each GCB Group is comprised of six people. Each Community Builder will spend approximately one hour a week with a different participant in his/her group over a period of five weeks. At the end of the five weeks, we will have a potluck at the church for participants and their spouse, significant other, or a friend. A pairing sheet, with phone numbers and email addresses, is provided which identifies each Community Builder and who she or he will meet with during each of the five weeks. Stay tuned for details for the next session to begin in late summer/early fall 2023. Contact Bill Fronk at 913-961-2903 or via email for further information or to join a group.