A Time Like No Other
By By Barb Ceruti
We are all plenty tired of hearing how 2020 has been “unprecedented,” “challenging,” “crazy,”…
But it really has, and it would seem a bit tone-deaf not to reflect upon the months we’ve seen this year as well as those we may see – or hope to see – in 2021 and beyond.
Grace Church has published a booklet of devotions for the season of Lent (Ash Wednesday through Easter Sunday) for over 50 years. We’re planning to continue that tradition, especially as its longtime editor, Merrill Litchfield, sadly passed away this year in April.
I believe Merrill would want us to keep this time-honored booklet alive, and I can only imagine the words his great mind might have penned in this year’s edition.
So, let’s get to brass tacks.
- This year’s booklet is entitled Reflections on a Time Like No Other. Contributors are encouraged to express themselves from the perspective of looking back on 2020 and/or forward to the future. But that’s just a suggestion! Your original contributions of any appropriate subject matter are always welcome.
- Devotions can be in the form of original writing, poetry, photography or artwork.
- Everyone is welcome to contribute, including adults, teens and children.
- Please submit ORIGINAL contributions only, something you or someone you know personally created (with their permission).
- You are encouraged, but not required, to include a prayer, Bible verse or favorite hymn.
- Please refrain from political commentary or anything that might be incendiary to readers.
- Please email your contributions to email@example.com. If you do not get a confirmation of receipt from me within a day or so, EMAIL ME AGAIN! Please include your name as you wish it to appear in the booklet.
- Please do NOT send PDF's, as they are not editable.
- Material to help you get started is available by clicking here to download it.
- If you are submitting a hard copy of your devotion (meaning not through email or other electronic means), please drop it off at the Church Office, marked “Barb Ceruti: Lent Book.” Hard copy submissions will be returned BY REQUEST ONLY.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS FEBRUARY 5, 2021
This really has been a time like no other. Please share your devotions with us – especially now. Thank you, and God bless you!