Marathon Weekend Provides Service Opportunities, Changes Schedule
The Annual Naperville Marathon will once again surround Grace Church on Sunday, October 23. As has been our tradition, we are doing our best to support this great community event, and you can too.
Your help is needed to support the hundreds of runners taking to Naperville’s streets at Grace Church’s aide station or as a course marshal. Grace will continue it’s tradition of handing out drinks, guiding runners, redirecting traffic, and cheering on all the marathoners.
You can register for the aide station (12 years and older) or to be a course marshal (18 years or older) by visiting http://goo.gl/K2SCkX. Contact Pastor Tammy (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
Additionally, our worship service schedule will be abbreviated. Only the 11 a.m. service will be held on Sunday, October 23. Those concerned about the traffic are encouraged to attend the 5 p.m. service on Saturday, which will feature the New Life Singers.
Marathon Weekend Schedule
• Saturday, October 22 at 5 p.m. in the Sanctuary with New Life Singers
• Sunday, October 23 at 11 a.m. only in the Sanctuary with the Grace Praise Team
SUNDAY VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
• Aide Station @ 75th & Clyde at 5:30 to 9:45 a.m. and/or 8:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
• Course Marshal at Mile 23-24 8:30 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
• Spirit Squad (drop off/parking @ 75th & Clyde) anytime between 8:45 a.m. and 1:45 p.m.