Master Plan Update
By John Bodine
It’s been a long haul over the last few years distilling input for revitalizing Grace toward a plan for renovating several of our spaces, but we have now begun construction work. Greater levels of detail will emerge as we go forward, but we have four main phases of work planned, with the first beginning in early November.
- Phase 1 – November 2018
- Install sprinklers in Fellowship Hall, in the Sanctuary & Chancel, and in the Organ Chamber. Spaces impacted will include the lower level vestibule outside of the elevator, Room 101, and the Hallway going to Door #4. New ceiling tiles and LED lights will be installed in these lower level spaces.
- Access to and use of the Kitchen will available during this time
- Work will be completed in Fellowship Hall by the end of November to avoid conflict with our “Celebrate the Season” dinner.
- Work will resume on December 6, after “Celebrate the Season”
- Phase 2 – December 2018 – January 2019
- Complete sprinkler, ceiling tile and LED light installation in Anteroom, Sacristy, Chapel, Kitchen, and Fireside Room
- Construct the new lower level family restroom
- Renovate Children’s Center Classrooms below the Activity Center (151, 152, 153, 155) before the resumption of PDO activities on January 7, 2019
- Continue sprinkler, ceiling tile, and LED light installation in the Education Wing
- Continue renovation of flooring and wall finishes in the Children’s Center
This is an exciting time of change, but it will also bring some disruption to the normal use of our spaces. As we near the completion of Phases 1 & 2, we will have a more complete picture of the timeline and areas affected in Phases 3 & 4. Please bear with us as we work to maintain as smooth a transition as possible while accommodating the traditions and activities that are so important to our Members. We’ll be providing updates as we go along! Thanks for your patience.