Tue, Dec 05|
UWF Christmas Program and Cookie and Recipe Exchange
Time & Location
Dec 05, 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Naperville, 300 E Gartner Rd, Naperville, IL 60540, USA
About the event
Tuesday, December 5 at 9:30AM in Fellowship Hall Program: Women at Risk (W.A.R.) International presented by Linda Luedeman along with Our Cookie and Recipe Exchange You don’t want to miss this wonderful United Women in Faith Christmas Program on Tuesday, December 5, 2023 in Fellowship Hall at 9:30AM! Come hear Linda Luedeman, a WAR volunteer for over 15 years, speak about the charitable organization, WAR International. She will be speaking about the organization and the handcrafted jewelry made by these women. We will have the opportunity to shop with a purpose and purchase some of the lovely jewelry from the WAR Chest Boutique for yourself or perhaps for your holiday giving! WAR International is a Michigan based, 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization, established to create circles of protection around those at risk. Through culturally sensitive, value-added intervention projects and partnerships, they provide safe places to heal from abuse, trafficking, exploitation, and more. Their passion is to empower survivors to live and work with dignity and hope. Their programs and partnerships span the globe, reaching over 40 countries, including the United States. Each month, additional projects and partnerships are formed, increasing their ability to offer the rescued and at-risk a "hand-up" instead of a handout. Join us today in rescuing, redeeming, restoring, and empowering women around the world as well as right here in the United States. WAR International is one of the worldwide missions that United Women in Faith has supported for many years. Following the program, participants are encouraged to share four dozen of your favorite/traditional homemade holiday cookies, (three dozen in a container or platter to display, and one dozen on a plate to share), along with 30 copies of the recipes! The Leadership Team will provide salads for a light luncheon. We hope you will join us in your holiday attire if you like, for holiday shopping, fellowship, friendship and fun!! All women are welcome!
Cookie Exchange Guidelines
- Please make your cookies homemade. If you encounter a baking mishap or have no time to bake, bakery cookies are ok. (Please, no packaged cookies from the grocery store.)
- Please bring at least four dozen cookies, three dozen in a container or platter to display, and one dozen on a plate to share.
- Print 30 copies of your recipe to share. These can be done on the computer, or written on a recipe card.
- Bring a container to carry away your cookies.
- Only those ladies who bring cookies will take cookies home.
- We would love for you to wear your holiday attire, if desired.
- Have fun and eat delicious cookies!
Directions for the cookie walk will be given on December 5. Looking forward to seeing everyone!