See Our Impact
Since 1992 when the Grace Church Foundation was established, it has been able to provide over $2.6 million in support to the ministries and missions of the church. This support is made possible by our generous donors that are providing hope and confidence for the future ministries of the church. Some examples are listed below.
Gifts in Action
- Glenna Hollway The renovation project of 2018 and 2019 was made possible by a generous bequest from Glenna Holloway. The Church had identified several priority ministries through the Grace Vision Teams and a congregational survey. Two of those areas were to create a more welcoming environment and to improve the Children’s Sunday school facilities to support a growing ministry. The Gathering Space was created to provide a place to touch base, to meet, to reflect, to pause and to fellowship. The Children’s Center was updated to include a new reception area with electronic check in capabilities as well as new bright joyful colors, carpeting, flooring and lighting.
- The Rodney Lacy Garden is full of beautiful plants and flowers that provide color and peace all year. It’s a place to pray, meditate, relax, recharge or just sit and enjoy the beauty of God’s nature. It also serves as a place of internment for loved ones that are in God’s care. The Rodney Lacy Garden was a gift from Ginny Lacy through the Lacy Garden Fund in honor and memory of her late husband Rodney.
- Faith Build is a local mission where up to 25 local church’s partner to build homes for families in need. Grace church plays a lead role in building the homes.
Grace provides manpower and the Foundation provides financial support through undesignated gifts and memorials. Ruby Motta and her two girls were the recipients of the 2017 home, Carmen Fernandez and her two daughters the recipients of the 2018 home and Andrea Wood and her two small sons the recipients of the 2019 home with Fox Valley Habitat for Humanity
- Education and Training The Foundation has many educational and training endowments. Clergy and Staff can attend conferences and training seminars to learn and bring new ideas back to Grace. The Foundation also offers scholarships to our youth to attend North Central College, a Methodist affiliated university. Nicky Zaccaria a 15-year-old Grace youth was able to attend a program in Washington D.C. Here are a couple of notes from Nicky, “I returned home with a lot of newfound knowledge on Immigration and The Church as a whole as well as my perception of faith. Each day we would meet for seminars, hear from guest speakers, and even meet with politicians, (The staff of Bill Foster and Tammy Duckworth) I met some really great people. It truly was a life altering experience and I am entirely grateful for your continued support in my journey of faith.”
- Side X Side is a youth mission where the youth travel to a location in need and help with building homes or performing repairs. This mission is funded by the youth fund raising but the Foundation has the Roberts Youth Trip Scholarship Endowment that provides scholarships to those youth that need assistance to attend this important mission.