Audio Visual Coordinator
Updated 205 days ago
Provide audio/visual support to worship events at GUMC in a manner that enhances the worship experience and minimizes awareness of the technology itself. Support both classical and contemporary style services by scheduling team members according to needs.
- Oversees all aspects of audio, visual and lighting for worship services. Responsible for training and scheduling volunteer staff for audio, visual and live stream needs.
- Live sound: Consistently ensures a quality live mix is achieved during Sunday morning worship services and as needed. Adjusts for specific audio needs of each song/speaker by making adjustments to IEM monitors, mixing board /mix and house speaker levels. Records audio as needed. Assist with scheduling and providing audio support at funerals and weddings as needed.
- Visuals: Assists in creating slides in PowerPoint and Easy Worship. Assists with adding videos/visuals into the presentation as needed. Operates visual systems for live stream.
- Ensures all technical equipment is set up optimally for rehearsals and services.
- Maintains systems: Provide recommendations for equipment upgrades and scheduling of repairs.
- Recruits and trains volunteers.
- Interfaces with worship directors/pastors and Church Community Builder (Grace Connect) for full preparedness.
- Is accountable to both worship directors on Sunday mornings and during special services.
- Is accountable for ensuring audio and video recordings of services are completed and backed up to Amazon Web Services in a timely manner.
- Contributes creatively to worship services/planning through the technical arts.
- Provides audio/visual support to other events - weddings, funerals, etc.
- Is trained as a sound technician with proficiency (or demonstrates potential proficiency) in running live sound.
- Our services include both classical and contemporary music, with each service bringing its own needs and requirements.
- Must have an ear for music and in-depth knowledge/appreciation of multiple musical genres and how to achieve a high quality mix for different genres. Great ear for audio blend is required.
- Understands in-ear monitoring systems, cabling, mics, room acoustics.
- Has working knowledge of various state-of-the art mixing boards (prior proficiency on Yamaha TF and Behringer X32 is preferred), sound systems, digital technology, projection systems.
- Knows or shows aptitude for advanced learning of PowerPoint and demonstrate proficiency of EasyWorship by a mutually agreed upon date.
- Must accept training on Church Community Builder and demonstrate proficiency by a mutually agreed upon date.
- Knows how to record, edit, crop, and compress audio and video files (Adobe Premiere preferred but not required)
- Knows how to operate video and lighting equipment. Camera skills and video editing experience required.
- Knowledge of (or willing to be trained on) Amazon Web Services (specifically AWS Simple Storage Service) for archiving audio and video recording backups.
- Sees role as a ministry leader with a heart for worshiping God.
- Has a strong passion to support the worship ministry of GUMC.
- Understands worship philosophy.
- Has strong communication and leadership skills.
- Is willing to learn from and teach others with patience.
- Collaborates well with others.
- Continually seeks improvement.
- Welcomes constructive input.
- Extremely reliable and trustworthy.
- Demonstrates a high confidence level in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- High relational and emotional intelligence.
- Self-leading and a self-starter.
- Organized & detail-oriented.
- Composed under pressure
- 1 year experience volunteering or working in church production.
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter, your resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.