Children’s Ministry Nursery Attendant
Updated 24 days ago
The Children’s Ministry Partner will serve directly with children ages birth through three years primarily on our nursery team as well as periodically with our children four years old to 5th grade as needed. This individual should exude joy and positive energy so that children feel the love of Christ every time they participate.
- Ensure the safety and comfort of every child through engaging interaction, comforting, communication and responding to the needs of the children
- Engage the children with conversation, simple games, fine motor activities and play
- Change wet and soiled diapers and maintain general cleanliness of each child and the environment
- Prepare environment and clean environment at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Help each child know God’s love for them each time they participate.
- Responsible for clearing and salting sidewalks during shift in winter months.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- High school diploma preferred or equivalent experience.
- Three years babysitting, or caregiving experience required.
- One year of customer service and engagement preferred.
- Equipment Use of Microsoft Suite of software, especially word processing software and/or check in system use and management. Basic telephone, email and texting for scheduling purposes.
- Must be Safe Gatherings Approved. Application will be provided.
- Ability to relate to children, keep them engaged and allow them freedom to explore safely
- Has a clear understanding of the child safety expectations as presented in the Safe Gatherings Certification
- Excellent communication skills
- Trustworthy and dependable
- Punctual, prepared and focused with great decision making skills
- Ability to work with church members, volunteer staff, and, Church staff well.
- Organizational skills and ability to coordinate a variety of tasks and responsibilities.
- A Christ follower with the desire to worship, learn and grow in faith.
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter, your resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.