Ministry and Administrative Support and Coordinator
Ministry and Administrative Support – Grace UMC
We’re looking for someone who …
- Keeps confidential information private that is heard in the office.
- Can maintain a non-anxious presence with difficult people
- Loves God and God’s church
- Sees problems as opportunities to change things for the better
- Enjoys keeping things and people organized
- Communicates clearly
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Enjoy being the ‘go-to’ person for the team
- Can function well on their own in the office.
- Enjoys learning new things
- Can set boundaries
Monday to Thursday: 8:30AM to 2:30 PM
Friday: 8:30AM to 12:30PM
More hours possible.
Publications & Graphics:
- Create, print & distribute electronically: Monthly newsletter, posters, worship slides, weekly Sunday bulletins, flyers
Membership, Volunteer & Staff Support
- Answer incoming calls and assist visitors/members.
- Work with the volunteer receptionists and other volunteers such as trustees for day-to-day operations.
- Coordinate and communicate needs, schedules and set up to maintenance staff
- Assist the pastors as needed
- Connect visitors (in person, phone calls, emails) to the leader appropriate for their specific needs
- Assist staff and committee chairpersons as needed.
- Assist senior leadership team as needed.
- Manage church membership through our church management software platform, (Church Community Builder / Pushpay Staq) by:
- Entering attendance
- Entering visitor information
- Creating forms as needed
- Entering prayer requests and bereavements
- Creating reports as needed
- Entering member updates
- Manages groups and volunteer schedules
- Manage the church calendar including the scheduling of rooms
- Track visitors from attendance sheets and communicate information to the appropriate staff.
- Coordinate with ministry team leaders, pastors, and program staff to determine current ministry volunteer opportunities.
- Maintain a catalog of volunteer opportunities with job descriptions for ministry areas of Grace UMC.
- Assist pastors, directors, and ministry team leaders in the recruitment and scheduling of volunteers to serve in ministry.
- Schedule automated door locks according to calendar and schedule.
Personnel Administration & Human Resources:
- Oversee contracted personnel and special service personnel.
- Maintain current job descriptions for all staff members.
- Maintain personnel files
- Orient new staff members
Pastoral Administrative Assistant:
- Assist in coordinating funerals and weddings with the pastors for scheduling purposes.
- Communicate prayer requests to pastors and the Grace Prayer team.
- Maintain records of bereavements and send out bereavement notices and arrange for ash interment in the Grace Memorial Garden
- Send out a weekly prayer list to recipients.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and take notes during the staff meetings to share with staff after the meetings.
- Use discretion when working and making decisions on behalf of the church.
- Keep confidential information private that is heard in the office.
General Office Management
- Develop and implement an efficient and effective office organization by improving methods and procedures as needed.
- Assure adequate inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Prepare membership mailings as needed.
Job Types: Part-time
Experience with newsletter creation, building management, being all things to all people helpful. Church or nonprofit experience a plus.