Welcome to 2023 Side x Side Youth Summer Mission TripThe mission field is calling us and we are ready to answer the call! 8th graders (as of spring 2023), high schoolers, college students, & adults are invited to attend our Mission Trip on June 11 to June 15. We will travel (YES, we said TRAVEL) to serve this year for Side x Side. Questions may be directed to Gaye Lynn Loufek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are called to be the hands and feet of Jesus! You have answered the call! When we are in the mission field and we are participating with our serving partners, we are to be a reflection of God the Father, Jesus the Son, and pay close attention to how the Holy Spirit leads us. God sees and hears all we do and say, as do those we serve. How will you reflect the love of Jesus? How will God show up through you? How will the Holy Spirit move you during our week on Side x Side?
A serve trip is not about what we can do and how we can change lives, but more importantly how we can work alongside those we serve and how God is present for all of us. Often times, we go to serve thinking we’ll make a difference, and when the week is done, we are the ones forever changed. Thank you for saying “yes” and traveling with us this year. We can’t know what God has in store but we can be ready to serve with open minds, open hearts, and the love of Jesus as we love our neighbors in the St. Louis metroplex area and southeastern Illinois!
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” Colossians 3:23-24
Important Dates to Remember
- Saturday, April 8: Easter Egg Hunt at 10:00 a.m to 11:30 a.m.; Volunteers needed 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 9: Registration and Final Payment DUE!
- Sunday, April 23: Meeting at 7:15 p.m. at Grace. Holy Smokes details.
- Sunday, May 21: Meeting at Grace for Site Leaders at 6:00 p.m./7:15 p.m. for ALL. Attendance HIGHLY encouraged. Travel & Rooming lists created at this meeting!
- Sunday, June 4: Suds on Sunday Youth Car Wash Fundraiser at 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (shifts at 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.)
- Sunday, June 4: Meeting at Grace at 6:00 p.m. for Drivers/for all at 7:00 p.m. Last minute trip details.
- Friday, June 9: Load the Truck! 6:30 p.m. Bring your Big Bag/Bedding/Tools.
- Friday, June 9: Adults/College Students/Drivers ONLY immediately following Truck Loading.
- Sunday, June 11: Commissioning at 10:30 Worship! Wear your Trip T-Shirt! (Trip Dress Code applies today!)
- Sunday, June 11: Depart Grace at 12:30!
- Thursday, June 15: Arrive at Grace 7:00 p.m.”ish”
CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE LIST OF IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
A Day in the Life
10:00 a.m. Gather at Grace/Worship/Commissioning
7:00 a.m. Morning Watch
8:30 a.m. Depart for Jobsites
12:00 p.m. Lunch on the Jobsite
4:00 p.m. Depart for Lodging
5:30 p.m. Dinner
6:00 p.m. Free Time
7:00 p.m. Silly Game
7:45 p.m. Prayer Partners
8:15 p.m. Worship
9:30 p.m. Small Groups/Adult Leader Meetings
11:00 p.m. Lights OUT
2:00 p.m. Depart for Lodging
4:00 p.m. Depart for Fun Night
Return to Grace; Time TBA (7:00 p.m. ish); When we return ALL are expected to help unload, clean vans, put equipment away, etc. BEFORE ANYONE LEAVES!
Tuition Payment Plan & Additional Costs
Side x Side $400.00
Family Plan 1/$400.00 2 or more/$375.00 each
Side x Side:
Portion of Lodging
Morning Watch/Worship/Small Group Supplies
March 12, 2023: Registration & 50% Payment Due
April 9, 2023: Final Payment Due
After April 10, 2023, please contact Gaye Lynn Loufek at email@example.com, to discuss your participation BEFORE you click the registration link.
CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE PACKING LIST AND DRESS CODE INFORMATION
CLICK HERE FOR MISSION WEEK INFORMATION
CLICK HERE FOR PAPERWORK REQUIRED
CLICK HERE FOR ORDER FORM FOR MISSION TRIP GEAR