UMCOR Responds to Current Disasters
UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief) is currently working with disaster coordinators and early response teams to provide relief to the many victims of disasters in comunnities across the world. We will continue to update this page and UMCOR social media as we receive new information.
5 Things You Can Do
1. Please continue to pray for those whose lives have been impacted by the disasters around the world. Please also pray for the Early Response Teams, disaster coordinators, and many volunteers, who are working tirelessly to provide relief after disaster impact communities across the globe.
2. Give to UMCOR’s relief and recovery efforts. Click here.
3. Make relief kits, send complete kits to http://www.umcor.org/UMCOR/Relief-Supplies/Relief-Supply-Network/Relief-Supply-Network, shipping label/packing list instructions
4. Donate only those items requested.
5. Please wait for an invitation to volunteer.
UMCOR – United Methodist Committee On Relief is grateful for your relentless prayers and support. To keep relief supplies in stock, give to Material Resources Advance #901440.
As communities around the world continue to deal with this devastating storm, UMCOR’s Director of Relief Supplies asks for prayers for those in the path of the storm and disaster relief assistance.
“As we here at UMCOR prepare to provide assistance to those who need it most, I also ask for support of our efforts in building our inventory of relief supplies. At this time, we are in need of hygiene kits and cleaning buckets,” said Amy Fuselier. “With many potentially suffering damage to their homes from flood waters, our greatest need is cleaning buckets.”
NIC Disaster Response Coordinator, Rev. Christina Vosteen, said in lieu of collecting actual supplies for kits and then needing to coordinate transportation, she encouraged churches and individuals to donate money. One cleaning bucket is $65. One hygiene kit is $12.
“Remember we received 600 cleaning buckets in Northern Illinois after our recent heavy rains. The anticipated need after Hurricane Harvey & Irma will be far greater!” said Vosteen.
Kits can be sent directly to Sager Brown Depot West or delivered to an affiliate warehouse nearest you.
For more information about affiliate locations nearest you, please visit the UMCOR website.